• Show
Clear All
  • Duff
    Established Member
    • Apr 2007
    • San Antonio, TX
    • Enco 12" RT

Take 2 on post - Just got a Rousseau Router Plate

and this thing went in VERY VERY easily!!! Adjustable height pins and such. Rarely do I follow directions, but did for installing this and it went in like 'buttah'.

If you're using anything like I was (3/16" piece of plexi) and tired of sag or misalignments, this is for you! I've seen them on ebay today for 40-45ish shipped, but decided to go to the evil Woodcraft store (only because I don't have enough money to walk out w/what I would like).

GET ONE!!!
    Enco 12" RT table saw(with router table currently added to right wing), Central Machinary 6" jointer, Delta 16" (17-900) drill press, Ridgid 14" bandsaw, Jet bench top Mortising machine, Porter Cable 6901 series routers (2) and a wide variety of Ryobi 18v tools.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Are they still slightly crowned? A number of years ago I had one, found the crown and then estimated the amount of weight that would be required to deflect it by placing lead (wheel weight plus some lynotype) ingots on top. I'll try later to find a picture if I can think of it but it took a bunch a weight.
    Edit: found it: http://www.bt3central.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=14

Duff don't take this as any kind of attack towards you or your happiness with your purchase. The plate you purchased will give great service in your shop as long as you work within its limitations. Properly fitted sliding dovetails is outside of its abilities.
    Last edited by Black wallnut; 12-31-2007, 01:48 PM.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• John Hunter
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Lake Station, IN, USA.
      • BT3000 & BT3100

Have had one for over a year and love it.
      John Hunter

Comment

• Duff
        Established Member
        • Apr 2007
        • San Antonio, TX
        • Enco 12" RT

Originally posted by Black wallnut
        Are they still slightly crowned?
        the paperwork which came w/it said it was slightly crowned, but I haven't taken the time to measure it. I would guess with the weight of the router over time, it should drop it enough to make a difference....
        Enco 12" RT table saw(with router table currently added to right wing), Central Machinary 6" jointer, Delta 16" (17-900) drill press, Ridgid 14" bandsaw, Jet bench top Mortising machine, Porter Cable 6901 series routers (2) and a wide variety of Ryobi 18v tools.

Comment

• RayintheUK
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2003
          • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I can't remember how many times I've said this now, but the (very slight) crown is NOT there to account for sag - the plate is 3/8" thick and there has already been a test of the weight required, as stated above. Read the last line of the product info here (for "insure" read "ensure").

Ray.
          Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Duff
            Established Member
            • Apr 2007
            • San Antonio, TX
            • Enco 12" RT

Ray, you're right. The site for Rousseau says "Molded With Slight Crown For Distortion Free Cuts" on the page for the plate. I misunderstood the slight crown for being to counter sag. Newbie mistake. Also says "Guaranteed Never To Sag!"

http://www.rousseauco.com/model3509.htm

Comment

Working...