• Show
Clear All
  • ryanps
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • Maumee, Ohio
    • ShopFox W1677

Recent Upgrades

I've had most of these upgrades since my birthday (June) but only recently have installed all of them (namely the Router insert). Upgrades include: Incra Miter Gauge / Freud Fusion Blade and the right side table insert along with the router insert. Below that is installed a Milwaukee 2-1/4 hp router (really like the router).

The 2nd picture is of a cabinet I found at a furniture manufacturers "close-outs" and "defectives" store. They only wanted 10.00 for the cabinet. At first I thought I would install the router baseplate in that (they also sell huge slabs of desk-tops for $6.00 a piece (can sort of be seen in the third picture) which I could have used to build a top for the cabinet. Ultimately I decided there just isn't enough space in the shop (my garage). May consider it at a later date if I sell a few of the items I no longer need.

Thanks for looking.
    Ryan
  • jonmnelson
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2007
    • Long Beach, CA
    • Craftsman 21829/Jet 708100 (don't ask)

That looks really nice. What kind of router table insert did you go with? I'm thinking about one of those myself. That looks like a pretty large garage -- I'm jealous. Of course, I'd have a lot more room to work in mine if we could get rid of half the junk that's stored in there.

Comment

• ryanps
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2006
      • Maumee, Ohio
      • ShopFox W1677

Thanks, I went with the Rousseau baseplate.

The first picture is of my garage. The other two pictures are from the furniture store. I wish I had a garage that large.
      Ryan

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

that's a spiffy looking TS with it's accessories. my fingers twitch to just run over the assembly.

mebbe i shd move to ohio - you are talking prices i don't even see on CL here !
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• ryanps
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2006
          • Maumee, Ohio
          • ShopFox W1677

Originally posted by radhak
          that's a spiffy looking TS with it's accessories. my fingers twitch to just run over the assembly.

mebbe i shd move to ohio - you are talking prices i don't even see on CL here !
          The store is Sauder Woodworking. They are the largest manufacturer of Ready to Assemble furniture in the US. Their closeout store is about an hour from me. You can find pretty decent deals there like the $10.00 cabinet (believe it was to be used as an aquarium). They also have hardware like full extension drawer slides, all tyes of screws, grommets and CD racks etc.. all at dirt cheap prices. I picked up four door hinges when I was last there. They were a dollar a piece and they are identical to the Blum hinges. Not saying they are of the same quality but for my purposes I couldn't go wrong. I've also purchased some of the particle board pieces and have made a few simple jigs from them.

If enough people are interested I could generate a list of the items they have there. I probably could be convinced to ship items to those interested for cost + shipping + small fee for my time (of course they do post a huge sign there that says "No resellers" so may not be an option).

Regards,
          Ryan

Comment

Working...