X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salty
    • Feb 2006
    • Akron, Ohio

Workbench from old counters

Well, I finally used half of the old kitchen counters to make a work bench.
    The miter saw on the side was a bit of an after thought. I had some used folding brackets that I used to use as a workbench in a small garage. I used them with a 15" wide piece of the countertop. Adding the 1/4" pieces under the CMS brings it to the same level as the bench. It is about 35" high so it is much more comfortable to work on than the BT3 deck.
    Once I get to building something I'm sure I'll be drilling hole in it to position some stop dogs cause it is slippery! But it is also heavy and solid to work on. May need a coat of paint too!
    Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Salty, that's sweet
    Pete

Comment

• jemmy
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2007
      • IRELAND
      • Hitachi C10RA

Originally posted by Salty
      Well, I finally used half of the old kitchen counters to make a work bench.
      The miter saw on the side was a bit of an after thought. I had some used folding brackets that I used to use as a workbench in a small garage. I used them with a 15" wide piece of the countertop. Adding the 1/4" pieces under the CMS brings it to the same level as the bench. It is about 35" high so it is much more comfortable to work on than the BT3 deck.
      Once I get to building something I'm sure I'll be drilling hole in it to position some stop dogs cause it is slippery! But it is also heavy and solid to work on. May need a coat of paint too!
      hi there, cool, that`s called receyling. (sorry bad speling)
      Jemmy.

Comment

Working...