• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrogers
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Mobile, AL. USA.
    • BT3000

Nicely done Steve! Now you've got me thinking about how I could modify my set up!
    Larry R. Rogers
    The Samurai Wood Butcher
    http://splash54.multiply.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• rcp612
      Established Member
      • May 2005
      • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
      • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by ssmith1627

The big open question with my setup is dust collection on the router table. As suggested, I can just enclose the front and cut a hole in the side and probably get good results. I keep thinking of how that might work -- a door that flips down on hinges possibly, held in the up position with magnetic catches. For now, I just have dust collection at the fence.

Steve
      I did just that, put on a door and added a blast gate to the back of the cabinet. IMO it's good a good theory but, in my case, doesn't work. I've tinkered around with the idea someone else posted that you also need additional air in-flow to create an air stream through the cabinet to make it work correctly. I still haven't got it working. I just keep cleaning the cabinet out before the shavings totally encase my router.
      Maybe someone else has better experiances with this setup.
      Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

• dlminehart
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • San Jose, CA, USA.

rcp612, do you have dust collection up top at the fence? I was wondering whether that would do a good enough job that I wouldn't have to bother with a dust collection box below, given the hassle of doing so under a table saw extension, especially with my hybrid's access door on the right side.
        - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• JR
          The Full Monte
          • Feb 2004
          • Eugene, OR
          • BT3000

I've been using my router table quite a bit this week. It can be seen here: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=29285

The DC setup looks pretty much like this http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=29578 The pics don't show the recently-added 2-1/2" connection to the fence.

When in use the cabinet door is open, because I haven't yet completed the router wiring. The dust collection is excellent. I might spend a couple of seconds at the end of a session sweeping the inside of the cabinet toward the DC port, but that's about it.

David, I had an idea for your situation. The table top on my router setup is attached to the cabinet, using oversized holes and captive bolts (similar to the way ssmith attached his to the rails). Using ssmith's technique for placing the router cabinet, but my technique for attaching the top, you could get the cabinet in place but still move it when necessary for access to the TS.
          JR

Comment

• rcp612
            Established Member
            • May 2005
            • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
            • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by dlminehart
            rcp612, do you have dust collection up top at the fence? I was wondering whether that would do a good enough job that I wouldn't have to bother with a dust collection box below, given the hassle of doing so under a table saw extension, especially with my hybrid's access door on the right side.
            Yes I do. It works great especially while edge routing. But, for dadoes or anything totally covered, the fence attachment is useless. You really need to get a good vacuum underneath.
            My plans are to hook up the vac attachment Bosch has available to my permanently mouted base and direct that to the outside and the blastgate. That arrangement really works for freehand routing and I think it will be perfect under the table. We will see......
            Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

Working...