• Show
Clear All
  • MikeR
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • Bayside, NY
    • Craftsman 21829

Box joint jig

I broke down and invested the time in building Lynn Sabin's jigs to make box joints.

My wife, who is a maker of note and greeting cards, is making sets of note cards for Christmas presents this year and asked me to make boxes for them. I thought that for 6 identical boxes it made sense to have a good jig.

I built it from maple and the only difference from the plans is that I added a nylon bushing on the ends which reduces friction on the threaded rod.

http://www.bt3central.com/attachment...1&d=1185722573
    DSCF0017.JPG

I've made the 6 boxes and are currently in the process of finishing. Will post photos when finished.

Working on attaching it to the router table to make dovetails.

Cheers,

MikeR
    Attached Files
  • Lonnie in Orlando
    • May 2003
    • Orlando, FL, USA.
    • BT3000

MikeR

I like that jig, too. I use mine with a dado blade, instead of a combo or ripping blade. Once I define the number of shims needed in the dado to make perfect box joints, I can duplicate the setup fast and easily.

I have also used it to make dovetails on the table saw. Swing miter fence to make the pins. Return the miter fence to zero, tilt the saw bevil to make the tails. I use a dial under the knob-arm to precisely locate the knob position. PDF of the dial attached.

- Lonnie
    Attached Files
    OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

Working...