Source for air filter 3-way switch & timer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lago
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Lago Vista, TX.

Source for air filter 3-way switch & timer?

I just got another free a/c blower motor to make an air filter for the shop. The first was a small Coleman but the latest one came from a 3 or 3 1/2 ton a/c, 1/4hp, 3 speed motor.

I think I have the wiring figured out but need a source for a 3 way switch and possibly a timer.

Any suggestions and what kind of $$ will I be looking at.

TIA

Ken
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

Been awhile since I looked into this ... but IIRC, the whole electronic control panel for the Delta is available thru their parts website for somewhere around the $60 mark.

If you go that route, it'll take care of your speeds as well as you timer settings, and also give you the ability to add the remote (again, IIRC), the remote was $20-$30.

When I was looking at adding this setup to my older JDS, I'm sure the price for timer module and remote was under $100.
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• bdk5
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2004
      • Chicago, IL, USA.

When I built my air cleaner using an old furnace fan, I bought a couple cheap 3-way switches (a couple bucks each) and timer (I think $10-$12) at the BORG. The power comes into the timer as a master switch, then runs to the first switch. The first switch sets the fan speed either to low or sends it over to the second switch which switches between med. and high.

Comment

Working...