• Show
Clear All
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

DC plumbing with a twist

In an effort to cram 30 gallons worth of crap into a 10 gallon shop ..... I decided to do something a little different with the DC system.

I definately wanted a seperator barrel to keep the big stuff from hitting the impeller, BUT, I didn't have room to leave the DC mounted on the factory sled and use a barrel alongside.

This is what Dad and I came up with, not sure how much space I really saved in the long run because of having to find a ceiling joist to hang the bag assembly from. I also seriously screwed up because I figured the lower bag would stay on (it does on the platform ) .... well ... lemme tell ya, I'll have to build a shelf or something under the lower bag for now :whistle:

All in all, even if I didn't really save space, I think this setup is going to work out extremely well for me given my current situation. At some point the bag assembly and impeller will get raised up due to the Wynn filter being shorter than the top bag. Once I make the conversion, I'll also go to running a half-height lower bag due to the fact that the barrel should bear the brunt of the work.

Anyway ... on to the pics ... not quite done, but far enough for me to giggle like a school girl ... 5 drops plus an overhead for the shark, notice the meticulous routing to get the barrel inlet to drop RIGHT in the corner between the impeller housing and the wall

Thanks for looking guys!!!!

Thom2
    hopefully on his way to Kirbydom *WOOHOO*
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Make sure the front of the shelf is round and smooth. Just about the right height to do some damage to a knee! Might even be a good idea to glue on some pipe insulation.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Thom, are you using regular PVC pipe (Schedule 40?) instead of the usual S&D stuff? I notice yours is white, rather than Depressingly Sickly Hospital Scrubs Green.

Also, tell me about that band saw. An older Delta?
      Larry

Comment

• Thom2
        Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
        • Jan 2003
        • Stevens, PA, USA.
        • Craftsman 22124

Larry,

Just regular S&D (schedule 20 I believe). I was a little concerned about only being able to find that ugly green stuff, but I didn't see any of it on the racks.

BS is a Delta 28-203, AFAIK it's one of the last 'real' Deltas. It's 3/4 HP at the present, but will either be upgraded to a 1hp 3 phase with VFD or a 1 1/2hp single phase. It will definately see a motor upgrade sometime in the future tho' (my sig should explain that)

Here's a frontal shot taken when I first got it home, it was bought used.

If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
        **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Popeye
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Woodbine, Ga
          • Grizzly 1023SL

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,...... Gettin there, Pat
          Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

Working...