• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Turning A Sow's Ear Into ... Something Better

A while back -- as far back as mid-January, I think -- I first mentioned that I'm in the process of relocating my shop into a larger building. As before, I'll be working out of an otherwise unused outbuilding that an elderly neighbor was generous enough to rent to me for a nominal amount. The old shop measures 10 x 19, the new one is a two-car garage measuring 22 x 24. So I'll have well over double the space in the new digs.

When I finally get there, that is. Making the move has been a slow go. It all began with the requirement to tidy up, uh, er, just a little:

Three full months after announcing the impending move, I'm happy to say that things are finally moving well. Almost all the junk you see has been cleared out (a lot of it went into my former, smaller shop) and I've moved most of my stuff into the new building. All the stationary tools are sitting in their designated spaces, more or less. Right now I'm working mostly on electrical: running new power circuits, hanging fluorescent lights. After that will come the dust collection piping and, oh yeah, copper for the air compressor. So at the moment, things are still pretty much of a mess, but at least it's my mess.

More pictures, showing the current state of affairs, will be forthcoming in a few more days (read: "Whenever I get around to it.").

And oh yeah ... y'all have no idea how badly I wanted to entitle this thread, Rod Kirby's Shed: BEFORE.
    Larry
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Very timely, Larry. I was about to PM you for details on the move.

It looks like a great space, even with all the "before" junk in it. The noose is a little scary, though.

Good luck with it.

JR
    JR

Comment

• Tom Miller
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Twin Cities, MN
      • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Originally posted by JR
      ....The noose is a little scary, though.
      Hey, it's always good to keep in mind that a fella's got options.

But, I'm glad to see Larry is choosing to stick with the clean-up.

Looking good, Larry! Wait, these are the "Before" shots....

Looking bad, Larry! Can't wait to see the "After" shots.

Regards,
      Tom

Comment

Working...