• Show
Clear All
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Table mounted Jigsaw

I know this has been discussed before but I saw these pics on another site and thought I would share them with some of the forum newbies that hadn't seen this application.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_5019.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	790147Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_5015.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	790148
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Grant, when I got my BT3000, it was a Costco all-singing all-dancing package. Included in the kit was a jigsaw mounting plate, used where the router mounting plate goes on the accessory table.

I suppose the intention was to provice a poor-man's bandsaw functionality. In my experience, he'd have to be really poor, with no friends and no prospects for improvement in his lot in life! That thing shook like crazy and wandered all over the place. I don't use it at all any more.

I think it's one of those things that looks great on paper, but just doesn't pan out in real life.

YMMV,
    JR
    JR

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Did you have a Bosch in there? Huge difference between a Bosch and B&D as far as vibration. I think this is not a bad idea with a Bosch 1590 or similar. I think it functions more like a scroll saw than a band saw.

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
        Did you have a Bosch in there?

Yep.

I think the biggest problem was that the piece bing cut is further from the base plate of the jigsaw. It's got the thickness of the table plus the thickness of mounting plate to contend with. So the blade tended to wander. And when it wandered is when the vibration would get crazy.

JR
        JR

Comment

Working...