• Show
Clear All
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Home made kiln?

Saw this on Craigslist. I thought it might tweak someone's curiosity.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/tls/280147042.html
    JR
  • ExYankee
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Pleasant View, Tn.
    • BT3100-frankensaw

Thanks for the link!
    I went to his website, and asked for payment details, he offers it as an email attachement to save postage too. His gallery shows ends up with some real pretty wood. I pretty much have figured out my DH kiln design using 2” foam panels, but I think the tech support is worth the $25 whether I use his plans or not. My woods been stickered for a year now so its should be perfect for kiln drying
    John Dyer
    ExYankee Workshop...

I think history would have been very much different if Leonardi DiVinci had a belt sander.

Comment

• Daren

Originally posted by ExYankee
      Thanks for the link!
      I think the tech support is worth the $25 whether I use his plans or not.
      You haven't even asked for any tech support yet... it may be worth every penny I am charging (free) . No really, I have dried a little wood. Sawmilling is my thing, I am just a hack woodworker but enjoy it. The bookmatch in the picture is 50" wide and 72" tall. The desk is the same stock with a finish on it, a 24" wide curly maple slab . I am not here to sell anything, just thought I would say "Hi". The only reason I started selling the plans in the first place was one dude did me wrong. I have given them away for almost 3 years (they aren't rocket science, just some tinkering and research and it worked) and helped dozens of woodworkers build their own spending hours on the phone and e-mailing for free just cause I'm a nice guy . So anyway I helped this one guy and he e-mailed me every night for a month while he was building and on his first run wanting to know everything I knew about drying wood and kiln building. Then "poof" he vanished. I thought maybe he blew up his kiln and was mad at me, he wouldn't return my e-mails. Then another guy sent me a link to the first guys ebay auction for "d/h kiln plans" with free tech support. The guy had dried 200 bft. of 1/4 sawn oak, with me holding his hand the whole time...now he was an expert and making money off what I shared with him. Sorry didn't want to be a whiner on my first post, but that is my story.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Hi Daren,

Welcome to BT3Central.

I hope you stick around. Your kiln ideas are very interesting and I'm sure some of the woodworkers here would like to give that sort of thing a try. We're very much a "can do" bunch around here, and your kiln fits that model nicely.

Welcome aboard. I hope you don't get buried by "tech support" issues!

JR
        JR

Comment

• Daren

Originally posted by JR

Welcome aboard. I hope you don't get buried by "tech support" issues!

JR
          Most of it is pretty simple-low tech. Like is said I used to spend alot of time doing it anyway, no problem. Really setting down and typing it out just once beats the old way. I never had anything formal before, it was always the whole rig one e-mail at a time.

This is a big forum. I belong to a few others...might as well add this one to the bookmarks (I think the fella's at the other ones are have heard all my stories anyway) How many posts do you have to have to access the gallery? In my opinion that is one of the better parts of any of these forums.

Comment

• JR
            The Full Monte
            • Feb 2004
            • Eugene, OR
            • BT3000

Originally posted by Daren
            How many posts do you have to have to access the gallery? In my opinion that is one of the better parts of any of these forums.
            Hmm, good question. To my knowledge there is barrier to entry for anything. I think the mod is doing some mods right now, so some parts of the site may not be visible. Stay tuned.

JR
            JR

Comment

Working...