X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessrice
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006

Well, after a few days of research and talking to a lot of vendors, I have decided to go the high bay fluorescent T5HO fixtures.

They are here
    http://www.prolighting.com/4lat5flhibay.html

a bit more than i was wanting to pay, but not overkill budget wise. Each one offers 20000 lumens out of 4 54" bulbs, that have a 20,000 hour life, and an 85 CRI rating.

The manufacturer, Stonco, has a neat little fixture estimator page for each of its products. A link is at the bottom of the page i listed above.

For me, to get the lighting to i want, it calculated 9 fixtures, would put about 110 fc of light 2.5 feet from the floor. It even showed the ideal layout for spacing. I talked to a rep, and they said that level of lighting should allow reading of fine print with being overly blinding. I will also wire them in 3 banks so i can dim it up if i need to.

It will also calculate based on several variables, including desired light output, or number or fixtures. i found it very handy, and thought others might fro future projects.

Now if i can just find a distributor with a little lower price, i should be all set to order. If not a few more months of saving should get me there.

Thanks for all of the input, hope others will find it useful;

Jesse

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

That is an excellent choice. you will have high quality lighting that is effecient. 110 fc should be really bright. take a look at lithonia lighting for fixtures also.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Working...