• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ofna89
    Established Member
    • Dec 2006
    • Portland Maine

New layout

Like title says Im setting up a new layout,but cannot figure out what to do with this wall with all the pipe running. Like to cover it up somehow but not sure how. Here is a pic of the wall. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
    Attached Files
  • wardprobst
    • Jan 2006
    • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
    • Craftsman 22811

How about storage shelves or wood storage. A buddy has shelves in an area like this and covers them with some old drapes, looks different for sure.
    DP
    www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• eezlock
      • Feb 2006
      • Charlotte,N.C.
      • BT3100

new layout........

I believe that I would buy some dimensional lumber 2x6's or 2x8's and frame it in and cover it with a plywood door(s) on hinges so that you could access the area in the future if needed. On the outside of the doors build in some fixed shelves or cover it with pegboard to use as tool holders or clamp racks,
      looks like a good area to turn into a storage area for sure. eezlock

Comment

• ofna89
        Established Member
        • Dec 2006
        • Portland Maine

Does anyone know of good sites that describe how to box up piping?

Comment

• Rob R
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • West, Michigan.

i'd just paint it all, pipes and wall, white and use that area for wood storage or put your lathe in the center area. a bench top drill press/bandsaw/miter station would go nicely there too. i have a pipe like that in my shop, and with it all being white, you don't even notice it.

FWIW
          rob

Comment

• ofna89
            Established Member
            • Dec 2006
            • Portland Maine

Rob good point, I was going back and forth on how to cover this for the past week. White paint may just be the answer as I plan to paint the rest of the walls white. Thanks.

Comment

Working...