• Show
Clear All
  • kyle.w
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • paw paw, mi, USA.
    • GI 50-185M

downdraft table

i have been wanting a downdraft table for a long time. instead of buying one why not just build one! so i did i made a cool plan to go inbetween my cabinets.

i got it i can just use webshots.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kylew11
    Last edited by kyle.w; 07-20-2006, 02:52 PM.
  • Wood_workur
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Ohio
    • Ryobi bt3100-1

what format is the picture?

did you attach it using the buttons below the text box? (attach files), (up load files), or something similar.

is the picture too big? do you need to shrink it?
    Alex

Comment

• kyle.w
      Established Member
      • Nov 2005
      • paw paw, mi, USA.
      • GI 50-185M

Originally posted by Wood_workur
      what format is the picture?

did you attach it using the buttons below the text box? (attach files), (up load files), or something similar.

is the picture too big? do you need to shrink it?
      how do you shrink the picture??
      it said that my file is to big

Comment

• RayintheUK
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by kyle.w
        how do you shrink the picture??
        it said that my file is to big
        You'll need a program that handles graphics (picture) files to do this, Kyle. Several are available and you may already have one installed on your computer. If not, there are several free downloads, including the excelent IrfanView

Open your picture in the graphics program and look in the menus for "Resize" or "Image Size." When you click on that menu choice, you'll then see a dialog box that gives you the option to type in a width or height in pixels. Try making the width 500 and make sure that the "Maintain aspect ratio" option is ticked, otherwise the width will change, but the height won't and you'll end up with something weird!

Once the pic resizes, save it as a new file (different file name), so that you'll still have the original. Try another upload, but if it's still too large, resize the original again, don't resize the "resize," if you see what I mean?

There are limits to what can be uploaded and a full list of these sizes is available within the "Manage Attachments" part of the Forum software. HTH

Ray.
        Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• gjbivin
          Established Member
          • Jan 2005
          • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
          • BT3100

I think 640 x 480 pixels is the usual picture posting size. If you don't need that big of a picture to show what you want, you can make it smaller (say, 320 x 240) and save everyone a bit of download time.

I use IrfanView myself and highly recomment it. You can get it at http://www.irfanview.com/. It's free, although a donation would be appreciated, of course.

In IrfanView, you change the picture size by going to "Image", then "Resize/Resample". There are presets for common picture sizes, or you can specify any size you want. Then go to "File" and "Save As" to save the modified picture. For posting, and most other applications, you will normallychoose "JPG - JPEG Files" in the "Save As Type" popup list at the bottom (the list has just about every common picture format there is). I usually use the same name modified with an indication of the size, such as "IMG0001_640.jpg".

There are quite a few basic picture editing functions in IV that you can use as well, such as cropping and color and contrast adjustments. Generally you can play around with them and cancel the changes if you don't like the results. Or you can always reopen the original file and start over. Pretty good for a freeware utility!
          Gary J. Bivin
          Gilbert, AZ

Comment

• Wood_workur
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2005
            • Ohio
            • Ryobi bt3100-1

you can also resize with paint- just open up the picture, and select strech/skew, and change the height/width to 50% or so, and it will shrink your picture.
            Alex

Comment

• hermit
              Established Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Somerset, PA, USA.

Please fix the picture problem quick! I would like to see what you've come up with. I've been eyeing the Delta table at Lowes for a while now.

Todd

Comment

• kyle.w
                Established Member
                • Nov 2005
                • paw paw, mi, USA.
                • GI 50-185M

now you can see it!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/kylew11

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Liberty, SC, USA.
                  • Ridgid TS3650

That looks sweet, Kyle. First one I've seen mounted like that. Where does the DC hose connect? You did good and used a good idea.

Comment

• kyle.w
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • paw paw, mi, USA.
                    • GI 50-185M

my dust collection goes behind my cabinets. then down the wall to the dust collector.

Comment

Working...