• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Clark
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Bangor, Maine, USA.

Thanks gjat.

I kinda that was the case but haven't shopped for 220V stuff in a while.

Now I knows.
    Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

Comment

• Curly Qsawn
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2004
      • Woodbridge, VA, USA.

Originally posted by gjat
      Electrical devices and their enclosures are designed according to potential heat generation. This is a factor of voltage and amperage. There aren't 'duplex' 220v outlets because they would not be NEC legal in a single gang box. You'd have to use a larger box and put them beside each other in a double gang box.
      Thanks, I've just never seen multiple outlets in the same box for 220v and didn't know if that was even possible.

Comment

• sfdualsport
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006

To many weekend electricians

These are very confusing post for me. Is there a real question or just answers. BTW I am a licensed electrician.

Comment

• stewchi
          Established Member
          • Apr 2003
          • Chattanooga, TN.

Welcome SFDualSport
          The original post was just “Bragging” as he put it, and a few people had questions on why he did the way he did. A question came later from Curly asking if the there are dual receptacle outlets for 220 the way there are for 120. The answer came back no, but suggestions were given on how to setup up multiple 220 receptacles on a single circuit.
          I take it from your heading “To many weekend electricians” that you are leery of the electrical DIY, and given your profession you undoubtedly come across many homeowners that have no business fooling with electricity. Its good to have professionals on this site that can help keep people safe. You will find the BT3 community to be very DIY in nature, mostly because people here take pride in doing things themselves, and of course to save money. That said you will see lots of posts about electrical work and lots of replies, the advice is generally pretty good, several of us own a copy (And have read it) of the NEC rule book, and we do tend to focus on doing something the right way, as well as advising people in some cases “if they you are asking that questions then you really should not be doing the work” until they learn more. That said many people are having work done professionally, but just want to understand it better so they feel more comfortable with who they are hiring. Again, welcome and I look forward to your insight on all things electrical.

Comment

Working...