• Show
Clear All
  • Thalermade
    • Dec 2002
    • Ohio
    • BT 3000

Originally posted by ejs1097
    I
    Same goes for nuts and bolts. My dad harps on me for throwing away hardware. unless you have a bin for that exact specific screw, you never find them when you need them or there isn't enough for what you need. I keep common sizes in bins, if I don't have a bin for them they get tossed. I don't need to save every screw that costs about 3 cents.

My shop is much cleaner now and I'm less stressed out with the clutter in it.
    A very good lesson learned. Having the unfortunate experience of cleaning out my Dad's one car garage which only had a crooked path to walk through, I try to keep in my mind what to keep. He got to the point he would run to the hardware store for this bolt or that screw because he wasn't fully organized and it would take too long to find something and it was only a 15 minute round trip. Also, why he needed 100 screwdrivers and 20 some pair of pliers is still beyond me. But I do know he inherited this "trait" from his Father, who had to muddle his way the best he could through the Depression. (My Dad, was born in 1929)

So I try to get by with just a scrap bin. I miss my former neighbors who used their outdoor firepit a lot.

Comment

Working...