• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MBG
    • Apr 2003
    • Chicago, Illinois.
    • Craftsman 21829

Help With Mobile Base For My TS

I know, this is a dark-side post but I have depended on you guys for years!

I have a Craftsman 22124 with the 22103 mobile base. I first hooked it up with the kick down wheels to the left because that is the side I push/pull on to take the saw in/out and it's easier to get at the pedals.

I then moved my rip fence rail to the right 10" and added a phenolic router table and now there's a threat the saw will fall over if reasonable force is put on the far right. So I then put the kick down wheels to the right of the saw cabinet - this helped quite a bit because it changed the leverage point of the feet, but, it's hard to get at the pedals now and if you push real hard I think you could still push the saw over (although very unlikely).

Here's a shot of the saw base:

Now here is a base intended for a Jet lathe that I picked up on clearance at Woodcraft on clearance - it has two fixed handwheel lockable wheels on one side and a single swivel wheel on the other:

I intended on leaving the Craftsman base on the saw and cutting the center bar of the lathe base up to one of the triangles and then bolting the bracket you see laying there to the center bar of the lathe mobile base and the other end of the bracket to the end on the saw cabinet (the saw cabinet has a re-enforcing channel at the bottom edge). Also, I plan to add two legs at the right of the saw extention and let them rest in the pockets of the lathe base.

What I need help on is how should I arrange the pieces?

For example I was going to leave the kick wheels on the right of the saw and save the single swivel wheel side of the lathe base but there are many variations. I think it's best to only have one set of fixed wheels otherwise it probably won't be easy to move.

You suggestions are appreciated.

Mike
    Last edited by MBG; 02-19-2006, 07:57 PM.
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

I think you should have stayed with the BT3100. Much easier to move around.

I believe you need to add legs to your extension table and put the fixed wheels onto those legs. Having your kick down wheels on the opposite side of the saw should then give you stability.

Jim

Comment

• MBG
      • Apr 2003
      • Chicago, Illinois.
      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by JimD
      I think you should have stayed with the BT3100. Much easier to move around.

Jim
      You mean BT6200.....

Comment

Working...