• Show
Clear All
  • Deadhead
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
    • BT3100

Oh what a difference light makes!

Here's a before and after from last weekend's project.

For almost 2 years now, I've struggled to see what I was doing in my attic workshop. I had 3 incandescent fixtures total - one directly over my work area (shadows!), one at the steps, and the third on the far side of the steps. I had attempted to add supplimental lights, but they had to run off the one 15 amp circuit I was using for all of my non-lighting power (gable fans, shop vac, and whatever tool I was using at the moment).

There is now a 2-tube 48 inch T-8 fixture over my work area (say bye-bye to shadows!) and a couple of extra outlets on the lighting circuit. If I had the head room, I would have put a second T-8 fixture, but that just wasn't an option in this 'temporary' workshop. Also, the other far side now has a second incandescent fixture and both are on an in-line switch so I don't have to light the whole attic when I'm working in my half.
    "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)
  • lcm1947
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Austin, Texas
    • BT 3100-1

Yeah, ain't light great. We'd be in the dark without it you know. Sorry that was pretty bad but I just had to say it. But really, yes , lighting is so important especially when you get my age. I sometimes forget to turn one or the other on and when I realize it and do turn it on I'm always surprised how much better I can see. Oh yeah I also forget alot of things at this age too.
    May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• monte
      Forum Windbag
      • Dec 2002
      • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
      • GI 50-185M

It's amazing the difference it makes.
      Monte (another darksider)
      Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• mater
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • SC, USA.

If you are like me the more light the better.
        Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Whaler
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Sequim, WA, USA.
          • DW746

I have found that the older I get the more lights get hung.
          Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

Working...