X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpc
    • Feb 2005
    • Cypress, CA, USA.
    • BT3000 orig 13amp model

For you folks running the T-8 setups... have you noticed any radio or TV interference issues? I put a T-8 fixture from HD or Lowes, I forget which, (one of the Lithonia models though) and it wiped out my garage TV picture. That set uses plain old rabbit-ears... so I checked the house TV which is hooked to a rooftop antenna... and it was trashed too. My VCR picked up all sorts of interference with those lights on... taping Nahm or anything else while I made sawdust in the garage would have been out of the question. I took those lights back and got regular flourescents instead; the cold-start issue isn't much of a problem in SoCal. Unfortunately one of the two fixtures seems to have died recently - less than a year old too.

mpc

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

your T8's must have had really crappy ballasts. T8 electronic ballasts have a rating for low electrical interference. the ballast alone costs about $16, how much did you pay for your fixture.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by sbs9
        I'm using the same $8 HD T8 fixtures mentioned above and am very happy with them. They have a 5' cord.

I'm using them in the basement, so can't speak to their performance in a garage.
        I third that.
        Using 3 of the $8 HD fixtures. They have worked great. I have used them in unheated shop well below 32 degrees and they have always popped right on.

Comment

• just4funsies
          • Dec 2005
          • Florida.
          • BT3000

Another thing that will help you are the "Daylight" 40W tubes that HD sells. A little more$, but MUCH brighter and whiter light. I have 3 pairs of those tubes in my 3-car garage w/10' ceiling, and it's like being under movie lights!
          ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

Working...