• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom.Trout
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • lower 48, USA.

Jointer stand.

Any recommendations for a jointer stand?

I have this "Tradesman" benchtop jointer and was wanting recommendations for a stand...

http://www.tradesman-rexon.com/html/...50w_large.html

I am leaning toward purchasing a benchtop stand that is convienent to assemble. What do you think about this one...

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=139&p=1559

This is my signature line... aka; Hitachi Bandsaw Owner
  • Bulkley
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2005
    • British Columbia, Canada.

Any commercial stand should work, but why don't you build one? You have the tools; build a stand with the features you want. Does cabinet space underneath interest you? Lockable casters?

Comment

• vaking
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2005
      • Montclair, NJ, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100-1

I am also interested in this topic. I have the same jointer and plan a stand too. I noticed the following:
      The jointer has somewhat short bed - about 30" total. Longer bed would be better - allows to joint longer stock. The jointer comes with a single roller. Roller can be used to extend the bed on either infeed or outfeed side but there is only one roller. I would presume that ideally infeed and outfeed sides should have matching length. Outfeed half of bed is stationary, infeed moves up and down to control depth of cut. That means it should be possible to make your own stationary extension for outfeed side just like people do for CMS. Roller than belongs on the infeed side (opposite to what is on the picture). I believe jointer stand should be low - optimal height should be such that you can drop boards on the jointer without lifting high. You also need to put pressure on board while jointing - if you lift it high that would be difficult. I am thinking of making a stand that can fit under an outfeed table for storage.
      Alex V

Comment

• Jim-Iowa
        • Mar 2005
        • Colfax, Iowa, USA.

I too am considering a benchtop jointer.
        So will pass this on, Shop Notes Vol 8 issue 48 has plans for both extension Tables and a shopmade jointer stand.
        They used a Delta portable, but should be easily adaptable.
        Sanity is just a one trick pony. Being a bit Crazy is a wide open field of opportunity!

Comment

• rastew
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2004
          • Oklahoma City, OK, USA.

If you don't have this particular issue of shopnotes, I have seen it available on eDonkey P2P network, though I'm sure it's available on others. In fact Issue 1 right up through about Issue 80 are available.

Comment

• rastew
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2004
            • Oklahoma City, OK, USA.

One other thing to note... the stand references in the shopnotes issue might be preferable to a leg set. Given the plastic base on this jointer, I thing the extra mass of an MDF base would be useful.

Comment

• Brian G
              • Jun 2003
              • Bloomington, Minnesota.
              • G0899

I have my Delta bench-top jointer on a HF universal stand. It works okay, and it's easy to carry around when I need to move it. A little extra weight might be good, but so far I don't have tipping issues.

Ultimately, I'd like to have the jointer and my belt/disc sander on a flip-top mobile cabinet.

Oh, and Rich, whenever I see you forum name, my brain reads it as "ratstew" [)]
              Brian

Comment

Working...