X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyF
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2003
    • Victoria, Texas, USA.

I found an old computer server enclosure that was being tossed and salvaged the power strip that was in it. It's rated at 15Amps and has a built-in breaker that works! (I tripped it a couple of times.) very cool.

here's one that's 6' long:
    http://www.tripplite.com/products/pr...?productID=197

If I had more room, I'd thought about bringing the table out from the wall about a foot so I'd have room for cabinets on the wall that would be accessible when the workbench is down. I'd also have room for a roll of paper to cover the bench when I need to do messy work.

I've since added a metal strip between the sliding all-thread rod and outer piece of wood to reduce friction. (The all-thread was digging into the wood. doh!) It's suprisingly easy to lift and lower the workbench now. I just haven't had time to replace the all-thread rod with a smaller rod and EMT tubing to create a simple bearing.

I've tossed around the idea of doing the same thing with a BT3100, but I haven't put that to paper yet.

Andy

Comment

• cobob
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Rolla, MO, USA.
      • BT3100

Way Cool. I can't figure the back legs out (the ones against the wall) How do they drop down? Are the 'angled supports strap hinged to the base and spacered in to allow the back legs to fold up?
      ...nevermind...just noticed the thoughtful pdf file at the top. Thanks for a great idea

Comment

Working...