• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheChadNC
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2005
    • Hickory, NC USA

Portable MS Station

I was fortunate enought to meet Crokett last week and we discussed options for a portable MS station. I had mentioned that I had seen a design I was going to build (some day) and thought I would share with all.
    (http://www.woodsmithstore.com/pormitsawsta.html)
    "Hey you dang woodchucks, Quit chucking my wood!"
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Bookmarked. Thanks Chad.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Jim-Iowa
      • Mar 2005
      • Colfax, Iowa, USA.

I built a modified version of that and set it on a rolling metal toolbox.
      I did not make the wings so they woulld store in the base.
      It has worked out nicely.

The Woodsmith store is about 20 blocks down the street from my office, a neat place to visit. They have seminars every thursday night. I intend to attend some this fall.
      Sanity is just a one trick pony. Being a bit Crazy is a wide open field of opportunity!

Comment

• RickCarpenter
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2006
        • Huntsville, East Texas.

The link has been changed so I can't see what they had. I am still in the process of building a portable MS station. I have a 10" Delta with two homebuilt extensions that bolt to an 18" by 5' torsion box base approx 2.5" height. I am in the process of designing and making leg assemblies and long board supports for it similar to adjustable height/level trestle-style sawhorses. This way, the base clamps onto a truck tailgate, bench, or legs/sawhorses at a worksite. -- Rick

Comment

• JR
          The Full Monte
          • Feb 2004
          • Eugene, OR
          • BT3000

If this is the same one that I saw in The Complete Small Shop collection, it is sort of a transformer affair. When packe up for shipment it's about 34"L x 6"H x 16"D. Flip-flop everything unfolds to about 75" long and can be set on workhorses or tailgate.

Pretty clever.

JR
          JR

Comment

Working...