• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bfrikken
    • Apr 2005
    • Michigan, USA.
    • BT-3100

Dust Collection Hoses and Couplings

I bought a JET DC Unit to use in place of my Rigid Shop Vac.

I'm very anxious to use this, but I don't have the proper hoses and coupling pieces to hook it up to anything. The opening into the unit is 4 inches (I think). My shop vac hose fits snugly into the opening for dust collection on my BT3100. Any ideas on what I can use to go from Saw to DC Unit?

I have one adapter that is a 4 to 2 1/2 inch reducer. The problem I see is that each end of the reducer is the same size as the opening into the DC and the Table saw, so I need additional parts to seal them together.

I got the DC Unit Used, and I really don't want to spend a lot of money buying hoses and attachments. Does anyone know some CHEAP ideas I can use for this? I'm not even sure where to get hoses either.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Woodcraft, Rockler, and a few other places sell a 4" to 2-1/4" reducer that fits inside the BT's tailpipe perfectly. The Rocker SKU is 20871, shown about 3/4 of the way down this page. If you shop for it elsewhere, you'll know you have the right one if the 2-1/4" side is offset to one side, rather than being centered on the 4" end. There are other ways to cobble together a connection but this adapter makes it so easy and elegant that it's well worth the few bucks it costs.

For hoses, as well as a basic set of fittings, it's hard to beat the dust collector accessory kit from HF. Costs about $40; occasionally on sale for $30. DC hose isn't cheap; this kit will give you two 10' lengths, plus a bunch of fittings and clamps, for about the same as you'd pay for only the hoses elsewhere.
    Larry

Comment

• monte
      Forum Windbag
      • Dec 2002
      • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
      • GI 50-185M

Bill,

Stop by Menards on West Main on your way home. They have adapters, etc that will make this work.
      Monte (another darksider)
      Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• bfrikken
        • Apr 2005
        • Michigan, USA.
        • BT-3100

I'll have to check it out Monte. I'm in need of hoses too....

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...