• Show
Clear All
  • lrogers
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Mobile, AL. USA.
    • BT3000

Bill,
    In answer to your question about my UTS, YES!!!!!!! It works perfectly. while I haven't had the need to do so yet, I plan to make "wings" that will slide into the tables clamping slots to give side support when needed.
    The BT was shimmed so that the table top/saw top are equal so I get good support when using the miter saw and planner. I have been very happy with the UTS in every respect, except for the dust collection plenum. That just didn't work out as well as I had hoped.
    Along with the "wings", I still want to add a slide out shelf for the planner and doors on the front.
    Larry R. Rogers
    The Samurai Wood Butcher
    http://splash54.multiply.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• onedash
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Maryland
      • Craftsman 22124

quote:Originally posted by rabmaxx

onedash, where are you located?

Rabmax
      VA Beach
      YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• rabmaxx
        Established Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Henderson, Nevada.

I'm in Henderson NV, USMC Retired. My shop has been running about 110 degrees the past week.

Ron

Comment

• onedash
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2005
          • Maryland
          • Craftsman 22124

this heat is for the birds. I just rent so not much I can do. When I buy/build im gonna have a shop thats fully insulated and have A/C and heat. Hopefull in addition to a garage not instead of. I like the garage on the last TOH project. I think they said 1600 SqFt...I guess thats what you get for 2 million+. And a $40K stone wall out front....
          Im at USJFCOM now. Im a frequency manager. Just hit 14 years last month.

Semper Fi
          YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• rabmaxx
            Established Member
            • Aug 2004
            • Henderson, Nevada.

Roger on the heat. It isn't so bad here because of the low humidity. I got in just before the price increase. I'm sure you know this but if possible, buy now because anyplace decent will be higher in 6 years plus. Then you can sell (if you want and have a nest egg), and have a head start.

I retired in '71 in So. Cal. and moved here two years ago and appreciation is already $150K plus.

Stay safe and if your out this way give me a shout,ronmayes@cox.net, woodworkers and Marines always welcome.

Ron

Comment

Working...