Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Quickie drill press cabinet.

No pics yet, but they WILL be coming...

I am opting to shortcut my drill press cabinet just to get it done, and the design could NOT be simpler or lazier...

I am still going to straddle the Harbor Freight mobile base, so with the height and width of the mobile base in mind, I am going to basically build it such that I have a rolling slightly elevated 3/4" plywood platform, upon which I will attach a modified Sterilite 3 drawer wide storage cabinet.

You see Amazon had a twofer sale, and I got 2 for the price of one, so I am planning if it will alllow me to, take one drawer level from the second to make a 4 drawer unit out of hte 2. Reinforce it by basically caging in the rorners to eliinate the flex and bada bum bada bing as it were, done...

I have already tested, my drills in cases fit in the drawers no problem, This allows me to vacate the shallow drawers in the miter saw bench, which allows me to store, well other tools needing a home in the miter saw bench so it kind of all works out, well in my favor.

So bear with me as I get this done. The idea is fresh in the head and I just wanted to get it out there. Trying to get storage projects done like yesterday, AND use up my scrap wood so I can clean up my shop better...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...