Please post your custom dust collection pickups / ports and accessories.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I'll check later if I have a picture somewhere, but I designed and 3D printed a coupler that connected the inlet of my HF DC to the top of a Dust Deputy cyclone.

Comment

• TomTak
      Handtools only
      • May 2022
      • Indiana
      • Delta 10" contractor

New to this site, don't join a lot of blogs or groups. This looked interesting. Was reading about upgrades to the HF collectors and thought I would add some comments.
      I have the HF 2hp unit. I mounted to the wall (in garage), and ran 4" PVC lines up thru the ceiling and down to table saw and stationary equip. Added micro switches to the blast gates and a relay center for control. Built a thien separator baffle in barrel which works great. Tried to keep curves and flex lines to a minimum. Added a finned dust filter, purchased from Donnelly, 1/2 the price of the Wynn or Dustrite. Wanted to exhaust outside but wife argued about noise and dust in garden - she won.. Just swapped out the impeller with the 12' reverse vane, purchased from WEN which they just got in stock. Had no issues removing the old one, didn't even need a puller. The replacement is bigger and heavier, pulls more amps, noisier and run down takes twice as long, but added much more suction/airflow. Added a Big Gulp dust funnel to the saw.
      Hoping to upgrade the table saw to a hybrid or cabinet saw. i watch a lot of Youtube videos for reviews and suggestions, but haven't made up my mind. Since I don't do production work, can't justify the expense of a high end professional 3 or 5 hp unit. Everyone (who can afford it) seems to go for the SawStop, but I still have all my fingers, so might opt for a good alternative like a Laguna or other quality brand. Once you start buying the upgrades for it, next thing you know you have a major investment far beyond the original scope of interest. If anyone has suggestions regarding saws, feel free to comment. Seems nowadays fewer and fewer people have diy or maker interest unless it means big monetization on websites.
      I have lived in 5 states and moved 8 times and in each neighborhood there are fewer garage shop setups, let alone youngsters who can actually use tools other than cellphone apps..

Comment

Working...