X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Erik, that's the room that has both return vents. Returns are 20x20.

I realize it may not be enough, but I figure it's worth a try to see if it helps.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

It will help, but I doubt it will be enough for the required CFM.

Is there any attic space for a return air duct? You could add a return air register from a room and another register in the study connected with some large flex duct or multiple smaller ducts if there isn't much room.
      Erik

Comment

• JSUPreston
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Montgomery, AL.
        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Talked with my FIL tonight (since he is the landlord). Based on my math, we will need 500-700" sq. of air flow to equalize the pressure between the two halves of the house. In other words, that's an opening almost 1/2 the size of the doorway.

I've been authorized by the FIL to have the BORG come do a site visit and have them install one of the expensive louvered doors that someone recommended. That's good for me...one less project, and I don't have to spend any money on it.
        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by JSUPreston
          Talked with my FIL tonight (since he is the landlord). Based on my math, we will need 500-700" sq. of air flow to equalize the pressure between the two halves of the house. In other words, that's an opening almost 1/2 the size of the doorway.

I've been authorized by the FIL to have the BORG come do a site visit and have them install one of the expensive louvered doors that someone recommended. That's good for me...one less project, and I don't have to spend any money on it.
          Have you seen this one. Might be too wide.

Comment

• All Thumbs
            Established Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Penn Hills, PA
            • BT3K/Saw-Stop

Your FIL sounds like a pretty great guy.

Comment

• JSUPreston
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • Montgomery, AL.

C-man, we're going with the one from HD that is very similar. Since all the other doors that I've done in the house are from there, it makes sense to get this one there as well, so that the brand is the same.

All Thumbs, yep, he's a pretty good guy. I made it a rule when I was a teen that if I was dating a girl and didn't get along with her folks, then I was dating the wrong girl. Part of that rule comes from the fact that I have no family of my own to fall back on if I ever need help.

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

C-man, we're going with the one from HD that is very similar. Since all the other doors that I've done in the house are from there, it makes sense to get this one there as well, so that the brand is the same.
                It seemed that the price was less, maybe the quality was too.

Comment

Working...