Table Saw Super-Sizer (Outfeed/Assembly/Side table from Family Handyman 11/2012)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Earl what John posted is from Wood magazine, I believe it was last year around this time they had a series of fold flat shop aides: fold flat saw horses, assembly table, sheet good dollie and I believe one more. Fold down or fold flat IMHO are very good as long as you have storage for them. Being able to put your shop into working order quickly is really key. Who wants to waste time and energy getting set up to work!
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

I'm way out of floor space. Started going vertical a few weeks ago. Leftover 3/4" ply, a few bolts and a folding miter saw stand cleared off a full table. Next up will be to take out the permanent workbench (10' x 18") and build a mobile version. Will lose some length, gain some width and add wheels.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Lkdelta
        Handtools only
        • Oct 2012

I was searching something from Family Handyman magazine, and this site showed up

I found a link to that table saw supersizer article

This DIY table saw table is the perfect solution for cutting long boards or big sheets of plywood. It's also a handy workbench with storage trays. When fini

Comment

• Lkdelta
          Handtools only
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tohellwithuga
          I was looking through November's Family Handyman and saw an article on an interesting knockdown outfeed/assembly/side table that can be hung on the wall when not in use. Since my workshop is only 20x20, I don't have room for a permanent outfeed table, and this is an interesting option.

I wonder if anyone here has tried this plan, or something similar, and what your opinions of it are? What are some potential problems with this? One thing that I wonder about is how sturdy the table would be after it was assembled/disassembled a few times.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post this, but I can't find a link to it online. This is just the article intro page just to get an idea (no instructions).

not yet, But I am going to the next day I can make a run to the lumber yard
          This DIY table saw table is the perfect solution for cutting long boards or big sheets of plywood. It's also a handy workbench with storage trays. When fini

Comment

Working...