• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rand
    Established Member
    • May 2005
    • Vancouver, WA, USA.

Headboard Reading Lamp

I am about to build a new headboard for our Master Bedroom.

Does anyone have any good ideas or links to buying built in reading lamps?

I googled it and didn't get much.

Thanks,
    Rand
    Rand
    "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like your thumb."
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

A lot of it depends on the configuration of the headboard and what sort of lamp you're looking for. Like if they need to be a swing arm type, gooseneck, mini can lights, etc.

I used to have a planted 55 gallon fishtank on my headboard. The four 48" fluorescent tubes were built into a hood/crossbar that spanned two shelf units on each side. I've been looking into better reading lights. Without the tank even one tube is way too bright. I picked up a couple LED strip lights from Sam's a few weeks ago, but they really didn't put out enough light.

I can get a lot of different types when searching "Wall reading light", some of them can get pretty pricey. Lee Valley carries some small downlights. http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware...7&p=61308&ap=1
    Erik

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Personally I would prefer the wall style lamps. Something mounted to the headboard, can get in the way at times.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

Nice little led light that clips on to the book, soon a backlit kindle kind of thing will negate the need for a light.

Bill

Comment

Working...