• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Interesting 'desk'

I found this on the Austin CL. First thought was an old piano but, looking closer, I think it was originally an organ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Piano Desk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	797206

Sent them an email to get an address so I can see what kind of shape it is in. Ad said it has been sitting on a porch. Hopefully the paint helped to protect it from the weather.

Thoughts include hinging the lattice sections to create storage areas for supplies, installing a keyboard tray, and adding doors on either side at the bottom with pull out trays for the printer/paerstorage and the CPU.

Other thoughts or ideas? I may know where I can get my hands on an old piano stool for a chair.....
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

How about a roll top? Probably couldn't exactly follow the side contour but it might work.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Nothing specific comes to mind, but with a little imagination you should be able to incorporate a music theme with it. Nice find.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

A very cool cabinet, nice find. It's got great possibilities with all that fretwork.

Comment

Working...