X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BadeMillsap
    • Dec 2005
    • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
    • Grizzly G1023SL

Very NICE EXECUTION!!! Well done! They will love it ... building furniture for family is very rewarding.
    "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
    Bade Millsap
    Bulverde, Texas
    => Bade's Personal Web Log
    => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• big tim
      • Mar 2006
      • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
      • SawStop PCS

Originally posted by mhblake1
      Do you have any plans for this. I would love to build something like that.
      Wow, this thread goes back more then 3 years.
      I'll have to do some digging to see what I have. I know I developed a lot of the design in SketchUp. Pls. give me some time and I'll see what I can come up with.
      Happy New Year,

Tim
      Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

Comment

• big tim
        • Mar 2006
        • SawStop PCS

Originally posted by JimD
        I make wipe on poly by thinning oil based poly with mineral spirits. About 1/3 mineral spirits is generally enough. Poly has it's normal protective properties wiped on, the coats are just thinner.

What keeps the TV in place? Is it just weight + friction? Or do you screw a bracket to the TV and the stand?
        Thanks Jim, I used Antique Danish Oil. It's made by Swing Paints in Montreal, Quebec. Regarding your question; I cut a dado in both the top of the bottom support and the bottom of the upper support. The TV edge fits in that dado, keeping it securely in place.
        Cheers,

Tim

Comment

• big tim
          • Mar 2006
          • SawStop PCS

Originally posted by mhblake1
          Do you have any plans for this. I would love to build something like that.
          I did some checking and while I don't have any plans as such, if you are familiar with SketchUp, I do have some stuff in SketchUp which I could post or e-mail you. You would have to adapt that information and dimensions to your own requirements. I also documented the building with a lot of pictures of the construction of the easel. I could post those with comments in a new thread if there is sufficient interest.
          Regards,

Tim

Comment

Working...