• Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

PureBond Plywood

Just an FYI: if no one has used this plywood from the BORG yet.....GET SOME The veneer is actually thick enough to be seen with the naked eye! The plywood is veneer core and is exceptionally stable, even after being cut. The veneer did not flake or separate after cutting. (to be fair i did use a zctp and an 80 tooth hatb blade, but the blade is getting dull as its about 4 years old) It runs $39.95 for 3/4" birch (one good side IMHO) so you actually get what you pay for.

This is the preliminary info I have on it. Over the next few weeks we will see what happens to it. I will let you know also on how it stains.
    Last edited by chopnhack; 03-07-2010, 10:10 PM. Reason: C-man's correction
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by chopnhack
    Just an FYI: if no one has used this plywood from the BORG yet.....GET SOME The veneer is actually thick enough to be seen with the naked eye! The plywood is lumber core and is exceptionally stable, even after being cut. The veneer did not flake or separate after cutting. (to be fair i did use a zctp and an 80 tooth hatb blade, but the blade is getting dull as its about 4 years old)

As I mentioned in your other thread, what lumber core plywood was. PureBond is not lumber core, but a veneer core. The difference is that it's fabricated with a soy based adhesive and not urea-formaldehyde (toxic free). For the veneer thicknesses, you can thank Columbia Forest Products for producing the board in North America.

Comment

• billwmeyer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Weir, Ks, USA.
      • BT3000

So, Cabinetman, you said you use a lot of it, what is the preferred uses for it?

Thanks.

Bill
      "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by billwmeyer
        So, Cabinetman, you said you use a lot of it, what is the preferred uses for it?

Thanks.

Bill

If you're referring to lumber core, mostly for cabinet carcasses, because it's light.

Comment

• doncook7
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2006
          • Berkley, MI. (just a few miles north of detroit)
          • bt3100

some more info on this topic...complete with examples.

http://www.mcewenlumber.com/resources/core_types.html
          Last edited by doncook7; 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• billwmeyer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Weir, Ks, USA.
            • BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
            If you're referring to lumber core, mostly for cabinet carcasses, because it's light.
            Thanks Cabinetman, that is what I was wanting to know. I hope to start a complete to the studs kitchen remodel this fall, and I have been wondering what to use on the cabinets. This looks promising.

Don,
            Thank you for the link. I will study that tonight.

Bill
            "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

Working...