• Show
Clear All
  • Wood_workur
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Ohio
    • Ryobi bt3100-1

Cleveland area rough sawn lumber

I'm looking for places in the Cleveland area that sell rough sawn lumber. Woodfinder is of no help. I know of wood dimensions on 150th, but I'm trying to see if there is anything else out there. I don't want to pay $15 a board foot for wood at woodcraft.
    Alex
  • natausch
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Aurora, IL
    • BT3000 - 15A

My first step is always Craigslist, this is where you find the absurd lumber bonanzas. None pop out in a quick search, but looks like this appears to be a regular small batch Mom & Pop sawmill/kiln operation:

For corporate sellers, Metro Hardwoods in Cleveland appears to have very reasonable pricing and a lot of variety. Don't live near Cleveland so no idea on the quality but I wish prices were this good in Chicago region (Owl Hardwoods I'm shaking my fist at you!)

And also, check eBay, depending if you have a sawmill that ships out of your area you can often get local pick-up for a fraction of the shipping cost.

Comment

• JeffG78
      Established Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
      • BT3100

I don't know for sure what all they have, but call Terry Lumber in Peninsula. They are right across the street from the Boston Mills Ski Resort. My dad buys all of his hardwood from there for his house projects and I believe they are pretty good. He bought some huge rough sawn oak planks for stair stringers and treads there and gets all of his trim oak there.

Comment

Working...