• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Decorative Moulding

This is an easy to use panel type moulding. The corners have pre-cut angles, and the straight lengths can be cut to length. I've used these and the fit works out very well and it's a fast way to add a 'panel look' detail.
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Well, in the spirit of resurrecting old threads I was just going to tag something from the archives, but LOL d*a*m*n* it if I really didn't actually need this

The wife was getting bored of our dining/living room and wanting for more than just chair rail. She wanted deep looking panelling below the chair rail with arched corners - out of the question, I was not interested in extending jams and pulling moldings of the wall to create the depth...

My thoughts turned to creating radiused molding..... have you seen my tag line yet? Yeah... keep dreaming, maybe after the shop project is finished, the shop cleaned and the router table built...

There's no way she will wait that long

C-man, your link may buy me some time I dare not show it to her

Have you seen the molding in person? 1/4" thick by 3/4" wide seems kinda cheap...
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by chopnhack

C-man, your link may buy me some time I dare not show it to her

Have you seen the molding in person? 1/4" thick by 3/4" wide seems kinda cheap...
      How did you miss this one the first time around? Over 250 views, and no responses. Anyway, I used to have to make that type of trim. Of the two styles, one is 3/8" thick. For the width, if it was much thicker than that, the contours would look out of scale. For what I had to go through to make it, and for what it costs, it isn't worth the time or material. I've used it for door panels and wainscoting.

I will say that the items come in very smooth...pretty much ready to finish, and the angles are cut exactly to fit. No trimming is necessary. I can't remember if I've seen that item in HD or Lowes, but check first. The quality may not be the same as the stock from Constantines.

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

'09 was a particularly busy year, I don't know if I saw it or not but you raise some good points. Next time I'm at the depot, I will look. Thanks for the insight.
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...