• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Drawer Slide Alternative

I ran across these rollers that drive into the cabinet side, and roll in a groove in the drawer side. They would be great for light duty and fast easy installation. I've used the same general principle using router bearings.

X-64105
    DRIVE-IN ROLLER
    Patented nylon roller on barbed steel axle economically assists gliding action of shelves, drawers etc.. Roller is 7/16" (11.5mm) diameter by 9/32" (7mm) thick. Barbed axle permanently drives into a hole 1/8" diameter by 5/16" (8mm) deep. Brown.
    Black or white on request

• chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Pretty interesting C-Man. What is the expected spacing and number per side for the wheels?
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• rnelson0
      Established Member
      • Feb 2008
      • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
      • Firestorm FS2500TS

A few other questions:

* How do you make stops that still allow removal of the drawer?
      * How much of the drawer can be pulled out?
      * Where did you get them? The first google hit for X-64105 is a genetic marker...

Comment

• cabinetman
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

I use a minimum of three rollers per side. The first roller is mounted at the front of the cabinet. The second is a short distance from the first, and that distance is usually how much of the tray/drawer does not extend. The third roller is about 50% or less the distance into the cabinet for the length of the groove of the drawer. It helps to make a bevel at the rear of the groove in the drawer to create a "feeding ramp", as the drawer can pass forward of the rearmost roller. It helps to feed the drawer back into the cabinet, and usually a non interrupted movement.

Lets say you have limited width or height, or a light duty application for a slide out, and you don't have the space for a slide, or don't want to see a slide, or don't want a wood to wood application, these rollers, or the use of router bearings will work well for a light duty application.

A stop can be applied on the drawer edge and the side of the cabinet to "flip" to actuate, and rotate to defeat.

The site webpage is: http://www.selbyhardware.com
        The actual page for this hardware is: http://www.selbyhardware.com/k10.htm

Comment

• BobSch
          • Aug 2004
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

Neat idea. Any idea what the weight limit is? And the cost. I notice the web site doesn't list prices.
          Last edited by BobSch; 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM.
          Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• cabinetman
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by BobSch
            Neat idea. Any idea what the weight limit is? And the cost. I notice the web site doesn't list prices.

The weight limit for each is supposed to be 10 LBS. The cost is about 20-25 cents each. That site is a wholesale site and sells by the box of 1000. Another site that carries that part is: http://www.hardwaretree.com. I'm pretty sure they will sell in small quantities.

Comment

Working...