• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

full ext drawer slides

Where do you folks go to get good value full extension draw slides?
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

These slides are about the best deal I've found on the net, and the slides are equal to any of the name brands. Proper installation will prolong the life of slides.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Great tip CMAN these are about 25% of the cost of the equivalent ones from Rockler.

Thanks
      Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• jackellis
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

They're less than the KV 3/4 extension epoxy coated slides, which is pretty amazing.

Thus far I've used runners instead of slides because I haven't been confident enough that I can build drawer boxes within the 1/32 tolerance. Maybe it's time to try.

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by jackellis
          They're less than the KV 3/4 extension epoxy coated slides, which is pretty amazing.

Thus far I've used runners instead of slides because I haven't been confident enough that I can build drawer boxes within the 1/32 tolerance. Maybe it's time to try.

You're not really working with the 1/32". If you make the box 1 1/16" smaller than the opening, that's easier to figure. If your box is square and the opening is square, you're good to go.

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
            You're not really working with the 1/32". If you make the box 1 1/16" smaller than the opening, that's easier to figure. If your box is square and the opening is square, you're good to go.
            Jack,

I was going to say the same as CMAN. As long as you remember the "measure twice, cut once" rule and keep things square, you shouldnt have any issues.

Once you have measured the width of your carcass and figured your drawer width setup a rip and make a test cut. Once you are sure you have the right size you can rip one piece so you know all your fronts/backs will be identical widths. Then cut this piece to make the heights you want. Alternatively you could do the same thing ripping a long piece to your desired drawer height and then setup your x-cut with a stop block so you can be sure all drawers will be the same width.
            Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• jackellis
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

I did exactly as you suggested on the last set of drawers, then used a drawer lock bit for the joinery. The boxes came out nice and square, even after I used the wrong part of a try square to check and adjust them from the inside (live and learn, next time use an engineer's square on the insides, try square on the outsides). However the Holbren drawer lock bit I'm using changes the length of the fronts and backs a smidge. Not a problem with runners. Bigger problem with hardware. I just have to sort it out. And be more patient.

Comment

• Tom Miller
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2003
                • Twin Cities, MN
                • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

I bought slides from cshardware in the past -- they're holding up fine so far.

Regards,
                Tom

Comment

• catta12
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Reno, NV
                  • BTS20R

I also just used Woodworker's Hardware for full extension slides. I am still working on the project, but the deal from them is much better than just about any where else that I looked.
                  If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

Working...