Doll-Sized Crib Plans

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • steve-norrell
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 1001
    • The Great Land - Alaska
    • BT3100-1

    #1

    Doll-Sized Crib Plans

    Help!

    I have been unsuccessfully searching for plans and associated hardware to build a doll-sized crib for a granddaughter. Ideally, it will be relatively light and could be disassembled into three or four parts for shipping.

    Suggestions would be most welcome.

    Thanks, Steve
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #2
    Steve
    Try www.meiselwoodhobby.com

    They have doll and baby crib plans, you could scale down a baby crib plan to fit a doll. I have used some of their plans in the past and they are very good.
    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

    Comment

    • just started
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 642
      • suburban Philly

      #3
      You had better check the size of the doll she wants it for. My nieces had some dolls that needed scaled down furniture and a few that required basically full size baby furniture.

      Comment

      • Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 1867
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

        #4
        I like this site for kid's toy ideas - they have some doll cradle ideas/plans.

        http://www.woodentoyplans.com/Woodwo...s___things.htm
        Bill in Buena Park

        Comment

        • steve-norrell
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 1001
          • The Great Land - Alaska
          • BT3100-1

          #5
          Bill and Dick: Thanks for the suggestion. I ought to be able to find something at one of those sites. Actually I had already been to the Meisel site to order a hardware kit for a mobile crane that I am building for a grandson.

          Just Started: Good point! Actually, the LOML is not even sure the granddaughter is into dolls so I am going a bit slow on that project.

          One issue with these kids is that they are currently living in Africa (Their dad works for an oil company) but will be visiting for the holidays. Whatever gets made, has to be somewhat portable or else we end up storing it for them (Isn't that one of the reasons God invented grandparents?) and by the time they get back, they may be too old for those toys. (Of course, they could become family heirlooms.)

          Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. As usual, this website has come through again.

          Regards, Steve

          Comment

          Working...