• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Zinsser Paint

I bought a qt of Zinsser "Perma-White" mold and mildew-proof interior paint to try on the shop cabinets. I got the acrylic latex version. It is self priming and the label claims a lifetime durability and 5 year mold and mildew guarantee.

Has anyone tried the stuff? If so, what is your opinion? A qt is nowhere enough to do the job and I can get a gal can for less than the cost of 3 qts if the opinions here are good.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • RAV2
    Established Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Massachusetts

I bought this several years ago (around 2000) to paint some false wainscot I was using to panel the lower section on the bathroom. Has held up well swith no issues. Covered well and I can not remember any concerns.

Note that you can also purchase the anti-mold additive for paint if you need it. It is sold in something like 1 oz. containers.

Comment

• rberrybabylon
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2007

Great paint for humid areas (and anywhere else).

Living in an area of high humidity (south shore of Long Island), we have had a lot of trouble with mold and mildue. It seems like about ten years ago that I found out about Zinsser paints and since then, I've used them wherever possible, with great success. Even used Zinsser for the ceiling of our shower and have had no mold or mildue since.
      Obviously, for it to be able to do its work, you have to prepare the surface you're trying to protect. We sand and scrape and the use bleach to kill any remaining mold or mildue and then apply two coats of the Zinsser paint. So far, it's been great!

Comment

Working...