X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjensen11
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • San Angelo, TX, USA.

Well Let me Try and Un_confuse you (grin).. the Titan 447ex that I have would cost about $1800 - $2200 to replace it. the Newer 440i can be purchased new for around $1400. you can find them on ebay for around $300 - $400 used.. these machines are made for the serious painter..( But really nice to have)
    Having read most of the posts on this thread I would offer this advice ? get the HVLP (gleem) system. you would be able to use it extensivly after you do your cabinets as it is Great for applying wood finishes as well. When you get ready to paint the outside of your house go RENT a Nice Graco or Titan from the tool rent store. Just remember that an airless spray rig will use a LOT of paint..
    Gregory Michael Jensen

Comment

• Steveanson
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2004
      • Houston, Tx, USA.

Mike

I've had a chance to use this Wagner Contractor Conversion gun, in practice as well as useful painting. After doing a closet, I sprayed two walls and the cabinets of my shop/garden cottage/storage house, using latex thinned about 5% for the walls. My first attempt using this gun was 20% thin, and it really didn't need to be cut that hard. The 5% for this application might even be reduced slightly using the supplied tip. It covered perfectly. I use a 2hp 6gal compressor with a water filter, and only had to wait once on the compresson. I did have to change the 'quick connects' to high volume. One more nice thing about this particular HVLP converson gun is that it is very stingy with the paint. I was amazed at how little was used., and still have good coverage.

For the shop cabinets (old kit cabs from another house) I thought I'd try Bobs suggestion, and ordered Targets USL from Homestead, as well as a clear water based shellac to use as a sealer for the kitchen cabinet doors I'm still building. The target USL is a dream come true. Hard finish, water clean-up, and fast drying. I second coated three hours later.

The only problem I had with the USL was that when I first made a couple practice sprays with it, the edges of my pattern felt like real fine sand paper. The edges of the mist were shooting too fine, and drying while airborne. (I think) The conversion gun has a control dial to adjust the paint, and once I got that dialed in, all went well. I also reduced the air pressure on the flow to 10 lbs. I'm now looking forward to starting the kitchen, and not using my time honored delaying tactics.

I just can't believe how you folks have come to my rescue on this project. The web site provided for this gun had a good review of it. That site led me to read other very positive evaluations. I'm now sold on the Target water based products. They're somewhat expensive, but not for your everyday painting chores. I'm anxious to have them mix a translucent for me.

I'd like to thank all for the input, you've made my search and the task ahead much easier... Matt
      Old Tele\'s and Tube Amps

Comment

• silverfox
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • Richland Center WI, USA.
        • BT3100

Thanks a lot Greg and Matt. I really appreciate your information. And I'm happy to hear that you are now up and running, Matt. I'll have to look into the Target finishes too.
        Mike

Comment

Working...