• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffG78
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
    • BT3100

Personally, I think it's great that this thread came back from the dead. I was just thinking of making a sled myself and now I don't have to search. Thanks PH

I do have a question though. Is there a reason you chose to put the stop piece on the top of the sled rather than the bottom? My guess is that it's due to the short BT3 table, but I figured I'd ask. Do you have the dimensions of the sled?
    Last edited by JeffG78; 01-05-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
      • May 2003
      • Orlando, FL, USA.
      • BT3000

Wes,

My BT3000 doesn't have miter slots, so I don't have a sled. I move my miter table on and off a lot, too.

If you are not doing so ... put the miter table on the right side of the blade between the saw table and the accessory table to balance the workpiece better.

Re Accuracy (1): I check my miter table occationally after removing and replaceing it. It is always spot-on.

Re Accuracy (2): To make perfect boxes, the miter table and miter fence must be aligned perfectly. Here is the method that I use to set them.
      This is the place to ask questions about the Ryobi BT3 series table saws. Please limit the posts to this topic only.

- Lonnie
      OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• Gator95
        Established Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Atlanta GA
        • Ridgid 3660

Originally posted by Sam Conder
        Even easier than a true crosscut sled, I use a simple "panel cutting sled" like norm uses here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFOX9kUKm4
        That's pretty much exactly what I use, and this setup has the advantage of being able to use the bladeguard/splitter/antikickback pawls assembly on the saw. With a 2-runner x-cut sled these bits have to come off.

Of course, Nahm doesn't use such things...

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Originally posted by JeffG78
          Personally, I think it's great that this thread came back from the dead. I was just thinking of making a sled myself and now I don't have to search. Thanks PH

I do have a question though. Is there a reason you chose to put the stop piece on the top of the sled rather than the bottom? My guess is that it's due to the short BT3 table, but I figured I'd ask. Do you have the dimensions of the sled?
          Yes its mainly to do with the short BT table but many sleds I have seen for bigger saws are this way around as it removes that limitation completley. I applied a skateboard friction tape to the fence/stop so the board doesnt move as you push it through.

You can build it any dimension that makes sense for you. I will go an measure mine and get back to you.
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

Originally posted by JeffG78
            Do you have the dimensions of the sled?
            The panel sled is ~25 1/2" sq.
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment

• JeffG78
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
              • BT3100

Great. Thanks Jon. I will build one this weekend.

Comment

Working...