Need plans for toddler bed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BasementJunkie
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2007
    • 58

    #1

    Need plans for toddler bed

    I'd like to build a bed for my son, who's ready for a toddler bed (big enough to hold a regular crib mattress).

    I'd like something relatively simple but will look nice, last years, and be very safe. I've been woodworking for ~ 1 1/2 years and have a decent TS, workbench, and an assortment of tools but no band saw, drill press, jointer, etc., so there are some limitations to what I can do.

    Anybody have recommendations for where to get plans or pictures of beds they have made?
  • billwmeyer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • 1868
    • Weir, Ks, USA.
    • BT3000

    #2
    Free plans

    Try this link, it has 4 pages of Bedroom furniture plans all free, with some kids stuff.

    http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/r...ex.php?cat=401

    Bill
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

    Comment

    • Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 3822
      • York, PA, USA.
      • 22124

      #3
      Not having a lot of the tools such as BS, Jointer, planer, etc I would suggest that you stick with a mission/arts&crafts style. This will avoid the need for a lot of the machinery and allow you to buy your stock S4S.

      Where are you located? You need to find a wood dealer than can 4S4 the material for you.

      Beds like this are very simple. Headboard, footboard and a couple rails. Rockler, WC, LV, etc all have nice bed rail systems that are easy, accurate, strong and make the bed easy to move.

      Comment

      Working...