Clear All
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

First dovetails with the Jointech

A while ago I picked up this .....

With a dull bit and no backer on poplar (hey, it's just a router table ), this is an example of my FIRST ATTEMPT dovetails

I was more concerned with actual fit than overall appearance. I think I'm gonna like this thing!!!
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Nice Thom. Anybody that doesn't like those is a horses pa-tootie!

Comment

• ragswl4
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Winchester, Ca
      • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by Thom2
      A while ago I picked up this .....

With a dull bit and no backer on poplar (hey, it's just a router table ), this is an example of my FIRST ATTEMPT dovetails

I was more concerned with actual fit than overall appearance. I think I'm gonna like this thing!!!

Is that a forerunner of the Incra Fences? Looks very similiar. I have an Incra Ultra fence and its the best D@mn tool in the shop.

Nice looking dovetails. Its quite a rush when you do it and it turns out right.
      RAGS
      Raggy and Me in San Felipe
      sigpic

Comment

• Thom2
        • Jan 2003
        • Stevens, PA, USA.
        • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by ragswl4
        Is that a forerunner of the Incra Fences? Looks very similiar.
        It's actually the forerunner of the current Jointech offerings. Jointech and Incra are competing products, but I'm not sure which was actually around first, I think Incra tho'.

Originally posted by ragswl4
        Nice looking dovetails. Its quite a rush when you do it and it turns out right.
        Thanks, and it sure is. I have a craftsman jig that I've cussed at on occassion, but never got decent enough joints that I was even remotely interested in trying to make a whole drawer. This jointech was an absolute pleasure altho' it took a little reading and tinkering to understand the process.

Question for you Incra owners ... do you show 'boxtails' in your templates? Jointech has a pretty neat joint that looks like a double double boxjoint, but it's got dovetails inside the boxjoints. I don't remember seeing that joint in the Incra lineup.

Comment

• ragswl4
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Winchester, Ca
          • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by Thom2
          It's actually the forerunner of the current Jointech offerings. Jointech and Incra are competing products, but I'm not sure which was actually around first, I think Incra tho'.

Thanks, and it sure is. I have a craftsman jig that I've cussed at on occassion, but never got decent enough joints that I was even remotely interested in trying to make a whole drawer. This jointech was an absolute pleasure altho' it took a little reading and tinkering to understand the process.

Question for you Incra owners ... do you show 'boxtails' in your templates? Jointech has a pretty neat joint that looks like a double double boxjoint, but it's got dovetails inside the boxjoints. I don't remember seeing that joint in the Incra lineup.
          I have the INCRA master templates and book and don't think there is anything but boxjoints and dovetails in 50 different varieties. Just different patterns actually.
          RAGS
          sigpic

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

Nope, no boxtails in the Incra templates. Lookinf forward to seeing yours.

Comment

• cgallery
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Milwaukee, WI
              • BT3K

These pictures just don't show up right for me. Same as Popeye's. You guys really need to upload the photos to bt3central.com. I really wanted to see these.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

I can make the joints out. Little hard to see but they do look good. And to think some people want to do that by hand!
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• ragswl4
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Winchester, Ca
                  • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by cgallery
                  These pictures just don't show up right for me. Same as Popeye's. You guys really need to upload the photos to bt3central.com. I really wanted to see these.

You may have something amiss in your browser or ??? I see the photos fine on BT3.
                  RAGS
                  sigpic

Comment

• Thom2
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Stevens, PA, USA.
                    • Craftsman 22124

Anybody that's having problems with the pics in this thread, please see and respond to THIS THREAD.

I think we might be on to something

Comment

• JeffW
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2003
                      • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
                      • BT3100

Thom, good looking joints. They are located here in San Antonio, and I have been to their place. Nice group of guys. I little out of my price range, but if I had the money I would have one.
                      Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

Comment

Working...