Paste wax on plastic laminate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ryan.s
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 785
    • So Cal
    • Ridgid TS3650

    #1

    Paste wax on plastic laminate?

    I'm almost finished with my outfeed/assembly table which is topped with plastic laminate. Would it be okay to apply a couple coats of paste wax on the laminate? Any ill effects?

    I've asked several questions here while building the table. Thanks to the members here I was able to get all the answers I needed. For those that are curious I ended up finding black plastic laminate at HD. The couple times I went looking for black or white laminate I guess they were out of stock and only had only marble or wood grain designs. I went back thinking I would special order some but they just got a shipment in and had tons of white and black sheets. I ended up laminating only the top but sealed the underside with 2 coats of poly.

    Thanks.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #2
    It may help things slide easier, sometimes too easy. Depending on what you use, you don't want it to get on anything that would interfere with an intended finish.
    .

    Comment

    • linear
      Senior Member
      • May 2004
      • 612
      • DeSoto, KS, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

      #3
      Works great for me, I wax my laminate router table top.

      It's also really easy to remove, just dampen a rag with mineral spirits and wipe it away.
      --Rob

      sigpic

      Comment

      • ryan.s
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 785
        • So Cal
        • Ridgid TS3650

        #4
        Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give it a try.

        Comment

        Working...