Bought the lumber

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 1079
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #1

    Bought the lumber

    Bought the lumber for KS bed, now to get it made.
    I went to a local HW dealer and bought ~100 bdft of clear cherry.
    I picked boards from 4-1/2" - 20" wide, all 7ft long S2S and some straight grain, some nicely figured.
    He had a fairly big pile to choose from, probably 4-500 bdft.
    $6/bdft is a decent deal for up here.
    I'll go pick it up this week sometime and post the before pictures.
    Just realized I need a couple of thicker boards for the rails.

    Also got some really nice pen blanks while there. Elm, Maple and Beech all spalted and in matched Pen/Pencil sets.
    Brian

    Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • 4055
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

    #2
    I'm jealous. You got a good deal. I don't understand the lumber prices where I
    live now (outside Washington, DC area). I moved here from San Diego hoping
    lumber would be cheaper because of all the nearby forests. Nope. I could get
    S2S lumber over there for the same price I can get it in the rough here and I
    don't own a jointer.

    Please post pics of your bed when you're done. That's on my wife's honey do
    list.


    Paul

    Comment

    Working...