I have a large size BGE BBQ/smoker (if you don't have one, you need to look into getting one... it's fantastic!!) and wanted know if any you have built a cart for it. The plans on their website - www.biggreenegg.com - are pretty weak. I figured if one of you learned "eggheads", pardon the pun, have built one, I would like to see a picture of it so I can get some good design ideas. Anyone?
Big Green Egg Cart
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Big Green Egg Cart
Howard, the Plano BT3'r.
Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
- Mark TwainTags: None -
My cousin has one and it is a fantastic piece of gear. I don't see the plan for the cart you mention, my impression from his set up was that the "cart" came with it. In any event, while the outside stays very cool (compared to the inside), are you thinking of making a cart out of wood? I think it would be doable if you line it with something to act as a heat shield, just to be safe. Lacking the $1200 or so for one, I'll stick with my Brinkman.Ken Weaver
Clemson, SC
"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something! -
I believe mine cost about $699. Not cheap mind you, but it will last 20+ years so in that regard, it should be a pretty good investment. The ceramic material makes an excellent natural insulator so the outside never gets nearly as hot as a metal pit. BGE recommends placing it on top of a paver just in case. I want to make a wood cart, probably out of cypress since it will be outside. I'll put in on casters and build an enclosure underneath to store stuff. I just have to get some ideas. Since it's so friggin hot outside, I'll spend some time noodling this in the evening...in the a/c...Howard, the Plano BT3'r.
Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
- Mark TwainComment

Comment