Tips for Small Workshops

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ddamoore
    Established Member
    • Jun 2003
    • 225
    • Oklahoma City, OK, USA.
    • Craftsman (Ridgid 3612 Clone)

    #1

    Tips for Small Workshops

    I ran across this site which has a few free plans for the workshop.

    http://www.rd.com/content/openConten...ontentId=17685
    Dennis

    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects" - Will Rogers
  • SteveJ
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • 50

    #2
    I tried a setup similar to the one for the planer but dust tends to blow out through the cracks. Still, it's a lot better than nothing. The way which works best is to run the hose into my neighbor's yard.... Steve

    Comment

    • gmack5
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 1972
      • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

      #3
      On the Miter Saw Table, if you put a 1 X 3 X 8' vertically under the middle (under the T track), giving the entire 8' length a "T" cross-section, it will add a considerable amount of strength.

      You could then mount it on a Folding "Workbench", like the Workmate folding worktable by allowing the 1 X 3" to be clamped in the Vise and hold everything in place. You might need to put a folding support leg under each end, but I doubt it.
      Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
      Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
      George

      Comment

      • Boomer_01
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006
        • 79

        #4
        Miter Table

        Love this one. I have been looking at the commercial units for $100 - $150 and havent seen anything I like better than this. I am going to pick up all the materials this week and build this baby this weekend.

        I agree with George's suggestion for a stabilizing stringer on the bottom.

        Boomer

        Comment

        • ryan.s
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 785
          • So Cal
          • Ridgid TS3650

          #5
          Originally posted by SteveJ
          I tried a setup similar to the one for the planer but dust tends to blow out through the cracks. Still, it's a lot better than nothing. The way which works best is to run the hose into my neighbor's yard.... Steve
          You might want to try sealing the cracks with silicon for an air tight seal.

          Comment

          • jziegler
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2005
            • 1149
            • Salem, NJ, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100

            #6
            Originally posted by Boomer_01
            Love this one. I have been looking at the commercial units for $100 - $150 and havent seen anything I like better than this. I am going to pick up all the materials this week and build this baby this weekend.

            I agree with George's suggestion for a stabilizing stringer on the bottom.

            Boomer
            Before you do that, you might take a look at the latest Woodcraft magazine. They have a miter saw table in it that has built in folding legs. Just looking quckly at this one on the web, I think that the one in the magazine looks a bit nicer.

            -Jim

            Comment

            Working...