• Show
Clear All
  • Ken Weaver
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Clemson, SC, USA
    • Rigid TS3650

Ok - Now what?

Ken Massingale gave me a pile of cedar cutoffs last summer and they've been in my wood pile until today.

Pulled them out and after an afternoon with the jointer and BT, second pc is the result.

The longest is 5' x 2 1/4" and 2 1/4" looks like it will be the most consistent width. I've got to pull the planer out tomorrow and get things done to 3/4" and I laid them out on the bench to see if any project ideas popped into my head...still waiting. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Ken Weaver
    Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!
  • monte
    Forum Windbag
    • Dec 2002
    • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
    • GI 50-185M

Good looking wood Ken. Is it aromatic? You could always use it for some sort of box building. It would make some very nice boxes.

Or you could always send it to me!
    Last edited by monte; 02-19-2006, 06:46 AM.
    Monte (another darksider)
    Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

That came out nice, Ken. Bet your shop smalls good.
      I'd hate for you to anguish over what to do with it, I'll be over this afternoon! ;-D
      ken

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

Man! It looks like that cedar is spreading fast. I think you should box it up and send it this way. I operate a home for wayward cedar infestations. My Mom dropped off some a few months back and it seems that I am able to to contain the spreading. It hasn't been getting any worse. Yours seems to have overtaken the workbench already. Once it starts its resawing, it will appear to be two or three times as bad.
        As for some projects to help it spread throughout the house as well, how about some robe and belt hangers for the back or inside of the closet doors?
        A cedar key caddy by the front door. Umbrella stand. A hall coat rack. CD holders. Remote caddy for the coffee table. Birdhouse for outside. Birdhouse for inside. Towel bars and TP holders for one or more of the baths. Cook book holder. Part of some outdoor wind chimes. Mailbox. Jewelery box. Humidors.
        You see there really isn't a lot that you can do with this stuff. My address is on the website.
        Let us know how the infestation progresses, Ken.
        Lee

Comment

• Ken Weaver
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Clemson, SC, USA
          • Rigid TS3650

You're a sick man Lee!
          Ken Weaver
          Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

Working...