• Show
Clear All
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

New Powermatic 1000

Anyone seen or heard about the new PM1000?
    I received a flyer in my inbox yesterday about it. I haven't yet seen any pricing, but it looks to be a well thought out table saw. It appears to be a little smaller than the PM2000, so may also be more affordable.
    I have used a few Unisaws in some of the shops I have worked in, but for the most part, they were all PM66's.

Just thought I'd give a head's up.

Lee
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I've heard of it, know that it runs ~$2k, and looks like a scaled back PM2000. ...can't find any pics or diagrams of the internals, so if someone stumbles across something, please post it!
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

The price seems odd as most people with that kind of money would probably have enough for the PM2000.
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

who would spend $2000 for a saw when one could buy a more powerful saw of equal capacities that will do everything the 1000 will do for < $1500, delivered? and what's the deal with that motor?

supposedly, it's ratings are 15A at 110v and 7.5A at 220v (assumed to be FLA ratings). yet powermatic calls for 30A and 20A circuits for 110v and 220v operation, respectively. as circuit breakers are designed to handle momentary power spikes, either the motor ratings are incorrect or the recommended circuit size in powermatic's specifications are at the very least, misleading.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

Got a Shark guard for that yet :-P
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...