• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Blades & Dado sets

Having just made the investment in a new Sawstop many of my blades are now redundant or wont work so I have the following available.

6" Dado Sets

Freud SD306 - hardly used, unless you make lots of cabinets how many dados can you cut :-) Amazon price is $150, will take $100
    Avenger - Only used twice before somebody gave me the Freud for Xmas, been sitting in draw since. This is essentially the Oshlun set with different brand. Amazon is $89, will take $55

10" blades

Original BT OEM Blade - Flat Grind, sharpened and still cuts great - $30
    Forrest WWII TK 3/32 - Full disclosure, this is sharp and cuts but does have a few chipped teeth as I stupidly had it in the saw when cutting some reclaimed lumber and found a nail - $40
    Basic TK (0.88) 40T blade - great to use for rough cuts in reclaimed lumber - Wished I remembered to use instead of my WWII :-(
    Diablo 24T ripper - $15

I may also have a Tenryu GM-25540 10" 40t combo gold medal. This has been my favorite blade but as I have a FK WWII and the stock 40T that comes with the sawstop is supposed to be pretty good it may not get used. If you would like this one, make me an offer (Typically ~$100 new)

I will also be selling various BT parts as that saw has to go to make room for the Sawstop.

FYI these items will ship from Phoenix at whatever speed you wish to pay for :-)

Thanks

Jon
    Last edited by poolhound; 05-18-2021, 01:23 PM.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • mattd008
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2021
    • Clayton, CA
    • BT 3100

Jon, I'm new to this site. This weekend I am taking a look at a BT3100. If I buy the saw I may be interested in an item or two you are selling.

Matt

Comment

• ballard770
      Established Member
      • Jan 2016
      • Washington State
      • Ryobi BT3000

Jon,

I have two Forrest blades and they are awesome. Eventually, it will need sharpening and if it is sent to Forrest, they replace a certain number of teeth on a Forrest blade at no charge -=at least they used to do it at the time they sharpened my blade

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Originally posted by mattd008
        Jon, I'm new to this site. This weekend I am taking a look at a BT3100. If I buy the saw I may be interested in an item or two you are selling.

Matt
        Hi Matt and welcome. Assuming it all works OK I would not hesitate in getting a BT3100. I have been using mine for the last 16 years and made all types of things from small boxes to large furniture. Depending on what it comes with you could benefit from a few of the items I have. An extra accessory table and the dual miter slots would help provide a good top for the saw. The miter slots let you build sleds and various other jigs that really help with all sorts of woodworking.

Let us know how it goes and if you get it, this community can help you with a wealth of BT3000/3100 knowledge (and woodworking).

PM me about any items you may want.

regards

Jon
        Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

I just realized that as the SS is a Left Tilt having various different kerf blades will make the fence scale off anytime I use one less than the one it was set to. I guess thats one advantage of the BT right tilt saw :-)

However that means I am going to try and standardize on full kerf blades so my Tenryu Gold Medal-25540 10" 40t combo is available for sale. It was sharpened relatively recently and is in good condition and cuts great. $55 bucks seems like a good price (retails is ~$100)

Thanks

Jon
          Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

The BT OEM blade has been sold. the others and both Dado sets are still available.
            Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• poolhound
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2006
              • Phoenix, AZ
              • BT3100

Just a quick bump. Nobody need a dado set? :-(
              Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• nicer20
                Established Member
                • Sep 2007
                • Dublin, CA
                • BT3100

Originally posted by poolhound
                Just a quick bump. Nobody need a dado set? :-(
                I do plan to have one down the road someday. Let me look into it. I will send you a PM. What other stuff are you trying to dispose off?

Thanks in advance,

NG

Comment

Working...