• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Free Fine Woodworking Magazines

Free to a good home, several years worth of FWW magazines. Local pickup only. I'm in Montgomery County, MD. PM me if you're interested.

PaulClick image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-05 08.52.18.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	831139
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I thing most of us save some mags and for me FWW is/was one that I saved for years. I used to get them when I was in Japan. I had about 8 or 9 years worth in the early 2000's when a new Japanese friend came by my house and asked me (knowing I was returning to the States for a vacation) to look for some FWW magazines and bring them back for him. It took me a few minutes to realize he was asking for "back" issues. When I realized it was "back" issues, I went into my attic and brought down 8 years worth. He was elated! He went home and brought back a gift of 10 Japanese chisels. He bought the metal chisel blanks and added the handles to them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Boxed Chisels and sharpener.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	291.1 KB ID:	831142

Equal quality value in a woodworking store in Japan would have been nearly $1000.00.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

I would love to hold on to these and let my heirs deal with their disposal, but with us moving overseas in a few months, I need to be conservative about how much we put into storage--we have a weight limit we can't exceed. The digital archive was on sale over Christmas so I bit the bullet on that. I'm covered through 2016.

​I still like flipping through the paper mags much more than reading them on my computer, but given the choice of storing tools or mags, tools win.

I've probably been inspired to build fewer than a handful of the projects in the FWWs I have, but I feel like I've learned a lot from them and have used the ideas or techniques I've read in many more projects.

Paul

Comment

Working...