X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Tool Swapmeet (2/21) - Culver City, CA

February 21st. is the next Anderson Plywood Old Tool Swap Meet from 6:00 AM until Noon. The address is 4020 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City, CA 90230. We start setting up at 4:30AM. If you are new, wait until Laura or Lionel get there as some areas are reserved or restricted. For more information, call show contact info The Swap Meet will be held Rain or Shine. If it is raining, all the dealers can set up inside Anderson Plywood.

There will be Old Tools, Antique Tools, Good Quality User Tools plus Many Miscellaneous Items including some general antiques and collectibles. Something For Everyone!
    Last edited by jussi; 02-17-2015, 01:06 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

btt. Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Jussi - have you been to this before, and it it a worthwhile visit? I'd like a sense of what's there to overcome my reluctance to travel the ~35 miles/1 hour drive each way (traffic from the OC into LA being the buzz killer...)
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

I think so. A majority of the tools sold are hand tools but there is still a good selection of power tools as well. It obviously depends on what sellers show up. There are both dealers and private sellers. I'd say typically 60-40 (dealer-private). You can usually get the better deals from private sellers as dealers will know the going rates for most things they sell. But the dealers also have a large selection. So if there's a specific tool you're looking for that's hard to find, and don't mind not getting a great deal then they're the people to talk to. Even if they don't have it with them, it doesn't hurt to ask as they don't always bring their entire inventory or they keep their eye out for one. That's how I got my dowel maker.

The festool rep also shows up around 9 if you're interested in their line of tools. He brings most of the tools they carry in the US if you want to try them out yourself.

There's also a guy who does sharpening demos who comes by occasionally. And I've seen him sharpen peoples irons.

Overall I enjoy going. If you're a real bargain hunter I suggest you get there real early. Oh and free donuts

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Thanks for the info, sounds like it would be worth a look. Maybe I can squeeze a few hours out my morning to check it out.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...